Project Boost Enabler
Responsible to: Community Advocacy Team Leader (Caroline Blunsden)
Location: SAM House, 1 Regent Circus and in the community around Swindon
Background: Project Boost is for adults with learning disabilities who want to develop their independence.
To help them to achieve this Project Boost offers various courses and supports people to access sessions in the community.
Project Boost is all about helping members to Boost their CONFIDENCE; Boost their SKILLS; Boost their INDEPENDENCE.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to provide support to Project Boost members in an enabling way so that they can develop their independence, be active in the local community and learn new skills.
To make this happen you will
- Support the Boost Coordinators to deliver sessions at the SAM House, encouraging members to be active in these sessions.
- Help members to overcome barriers to independence and learn new skills
- Introducing individuals to community-based facilities and groups
Support and supervision
- You will be required to participate in regular informal review meetings with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Regular training updates and volunteer meetings will be provided
Training and development
Due to the nature of this role, mandatory training will be provided in:
- Level 1 Child Protection Awareness (online)
- Equality and Diversity (online)
- Adult Safeguarding Course (Delivered by Swindon Borough Council)
- LD awareness training (In-house training with SAM)
- Introduction to Project Boost (In-house training with SAM)
For more information or to apply for this volunteer role please contact
Community Advocacy Manager, Annie Baker
01793 542266 / 07500 663254