“Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility”
Safeguarding is at the heart of what we do and fundamental to our existence as a charity. We are all ambassadors for Swindon Advocacy Movement (SAM) and for safeguarding.
Swindon Advocacy Movement is part of the Swindon Safeguarding Partnership.
If a child or adult is in immediate danger, in need of medical attention or if a crime has been committed, contact the Emergency Services (Police and/or ambulance Service).
To raise a concern about a Vulnerable adult – non emergency
Complete the online referral form Multi agency safeguarding adults online referral form
Adult Safeguarding Team, Swindon Borough Council
Tel: 01793 46355
Email: email@example.com (monitored during office hours – Monday to Friday inclusive, 8:30am to 5:00pm)
To raise a concern about a Child – non emergency
If you suspect that any child or young person is being abused or neglected, or you are otherwise concerned about their welfare or well-being, please get in touch with the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub immediately.
Tel: 01793 466903 (during normal office hours which are 8.30am to 4.40pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday)
The Emergency Duty Service (EDS) is available outside office hours on 01793 436699
- Links to our Children and Adults safeguarding policy (they are both currently being updated)
- Childline Childline | Childline
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and the Protection of Freedoms Bill Legislation relating to safeguarding adults | Overview for social care | SCIE
- The Children Act 1989 SCIE: Introduction to…children’s social care – The legal and policy contexts
- Useful video from Haringey Council on Understanding Safeguarding